Craziest thing! I almost never go home for lunch, I usually run errands, and I wan't going to today but decided to make a quick run. I couldn't pull into the driveway because there were all these Questar Gas trucks blocking the way, I wondered what the neighbors were up to.
BUT, they were not at the neighbors house, THEY WERE AT MINE!! Digging a huge hole next to our gas meter because we had a leak!! What? How do they know? I never smelled anything! Aaaahh! I don't know a lot about this but I am pretty sure a gas leak is a BAD thing!
They assured me it was a "small" leak, that I would never have known and that they discovered it when checking the new meter they installed, they had a 'gas detecting gun' that found it. It was below ground where the pipe junctions had rusted. This pipe was not supposed to be below ground, but over the years and with the landscaping changes the dirt levels now covered the area.
I took this picture through the dining room window. Well, I'm glad they discovered this little leak before it became a big leak. Fortunately for us, the leak was in the pipe before it entered the meter so we haven't been paying for it either! So glad I happened to come home (funny how that works) today to see what was happening!



No comments:
Post a Comment