mattresswarehouseutah

Friday, June 17, 2011

Kitchen Tile

The kitchen project is drawing to a close. It's taken a little while, because of cost (and fear of error).
To recap
*a year ago in February we ripped out the linoleum in the kitchen, hall and removed tile in front entry.
* we replaced it with hardwood

* 8 months later we finished removing the linoleum in the laundry/bath, replace it with tile. This required removing bath vanity, so we replaced that with granite.
* Once that was done, the old mirror looked awful, so we had to put in a new mirror.
* Next project was the kitchen counters, but we couldn't simply replace the tile, we wanted to replace the little desk unit that was never used as a desk. We added another wall cabinet to an area with a void. We had the electrical work run through the walls to add undercabinet lighting,
*We had to tear off the old tile, run more electricity to handle a life of rechargeable and electronic gear, rewire the ceiling and add canned lights....

*select tile for the backsplash, install the countertop and the tile


...and now for the final touches, the electrician is fixing the outlets to adjust for the depth of the tile and we must prime and paint the ceiling and cut a new piece of baseboard near the desk.....

and I will need to seal the tile and grout! I am really looking forward to just plugging everything back in and using this "new" kitchen!!! I can't imagine the chaos of an entire remodel project, this little step by step process has been pretty disruptive. BUT, I am very happy and not complaining, the time it took to make decisions carefully paid off, I am so happy with everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment