mattresswarehouseutah

Sunday, July 24, 2011

For the love of spray paint!

We are right in the middle of garage sale season and I have found a few treasures this year. This weekend I found this starfish:

It is a lovely brass with a circle hook on the back. I paid $1. But, heart racing, I knew exactly what it was going to become!! I scrubbed it and primed it with metal spray paint primer:

The next step was shiny, silver spray paint:

It turned out according to plan, beautiful! Funny thing- later in the afternoon Karl and I were in Park City and found this display in a gift shop there. The price they had marked on their (much smaller) starfish was $30!! This is theirs:

And this is mine:
I'm pretty happy, I worked with brass pictures frames at the same time, they also turned out great...I still need to take the "after" pictures. Family will recognize the artwork that used to hang at grandmas Tobler's house for 30 years.. .(Next post)

1 comment:

  1. Cool! Good for you. So fun. Can't believe you saw the same thing in Park City.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete