I have had the good fortune to go on a cruise, 4 times now. Each and every time I return I spend the first day home feeling like I'm still on the ship, gently swaying.....
So we had a wonderful time, relaxing, overeating, and surrounded with Caribbean breezes.
We traveled with Karl's brother and his wife, Mardie. I don't ever remember not knowing Mardie, I am fortunate to have a sister-in-law that I have adored my whole life. Anyway, we sailed to the Grand Cayman's and Cozumel, Mexico.
Today I will feature our adventure high above the trees in Cozumel (Island). We took a Zip-line excursion.
I was a little nervous climbing the towers, knowing I was going to be pushed off the top. I was wondering how the Mexican regulatory building codes were inforced. Nevertheless, we were harnessed, helmeted, and clipped in place and then pushed off the platforms...
They have helpers at the end to prevent you from crashing into the back wall at the arriving end... Karl nearly took one out on a speedy run
Karl was a little more free spirited than I, holding his arms out while I was clutching my ropes!
We spent a little time enjoying the warmth and the view
Picture perfect day!
I asked why the trees were braced up in the shopping area and apparently because hurricane Rina threatened 2 weeks ago, that is what they do to get ready.
Each evening the menu offered a selection of food that you might never have eaten buy wanted to try. I never did either of those options. But here Karl is eating frogs legs. "mmmmmm, just like chicken" he says.
Here is a yummy Ice cream swan, also consumed by Karl.
Next time, towel creatures and Sting Rays!
so no sea sickness? I don't know if I could ever enjoy something so swayee :) Looks like y'all had an awesome time. did they have plenty of gluten free options for you?
ReplyDeleteI had my own personal chef! I ate foods I haven't had in over a decade, veal parmesana, chocolate molten cake, pizza, french toast, blueberry crumble, ..all GF! gentle swaying, never enough to make us sick. Was fun.
ReplyDeleteI always describe froglegs as a flavor between chicken and trout.
ReplyDelete