Hooray! I got to take a shower today! Feeling pretty good, still have my arm strapped to my side, I have pretty full usage from the elbow down, but cannot move my arm away from my body. The first time I am allowed to to that will be in the Physical Therapists office on Monday. My left hand has served me well this week, I have camped out in the basement, slept in the reclining sofa; have a bathroom, TV and fireplace at my disposal. We borrowed an ice-water pump from a guy at work and I think that has helped immensely. I am going to attempt 4 hours at work on Friday, I think that will be enough!
Last Week:
I am nervous and yet anxious to get this over with. I have been having increasing pain in my right shoulder, long story short: Having it surgically repaired. The only other surgery I have ever had was when I brought an infant home with me, (and he was adorable!).
I know for sure I have a bone spur and some issues with the A/C joint. Once ththe doctor slices me open and has a look inside he will determine if there is also Rotator Cuff damage. Yuck.
I have instructed Laura to take lots of pictures, but not to post anything. I'm certain I will be downright stupid on drugs. Not planning on doing anything but sleeping and reclining. My dominant arm will be useless and strapped to my body.
I have spent the last 2 days tearing Christmas down and repacking everything. We are also trying to get a room ready for our niece, Elise, who will be moving into the upstairs guest room. That closet is FULL of off-season clothes and junk, so we have been trying to empty some of it out. The downside is I am certain I have done more damage moving and lifting than I should. I am so sore that it is actually helping me get ready for the whole ordeal. Fortunately I have lots of sick leave from work, a bunch of free Redbox coupons and a couple of really good helpers to watch over me.


Good luck hope you recover quickly!
ReplyDelete