I thought I was pretty much done making cakes...but then I had grandkids. On Saturday Rob said, "I'm glad you came out of retirement, Mom".
Maci Jo turned 3 and who could resist?? Especially a Repunzel themed birthday!
So this is what I did.
I decided to do a checkerboard layer cake. This requires a batter seperating device like this. I have done this with aluminum foil, but I found this kit at a garage sale.
You can do this with with 2 layers and just one separation, but there were enough guests coming to the party that I wanted to have enough cake so I went 3 layers.
Happy Birthday Maci!! Grandma loves you!





that is an awesome cake, Barb! and what a pretty birthday girl!!
ReplyDeletethat's amazing!! I want a cake like that for MY next birthday!!! :)
ReplyDeleteyes I second that....I want it for my next birthday too!!
ReplyDelete