Monday, April 30, 2012
Another Birthday cake
Jill turned 25 and we had a little celebration on Sunday. Rob and Jill moved in for a few days until their apartment is ready in Murray, it's so fun to see Tessa everyday! (Oh, yeah Rob and Jill too). Anyway we made Chicken Kebobs on the grill and had fun "sunrise juice drinks", which I failed to take a picture of. I did the cakes on Saturday:
I put chocolate cake into 2 loaf pans, when they cooled I cut lengthwise slices of cake, filled the v-shaped slices with orange and white frosting....
I frosted them with chocolate icing and sprinkled with chocolate sprinkles to look a little more like dirt. I frosted over the orange and white frosting channels with the leaf tip and some flowers...
I made seed packet signs on the computer..
This is nothing special to look at really, I did add some jelly-bean rocks around the bottom, the fun part comes when slicing a piece of cake...
The flowers have roots!
The garden grows carrots!
I have not moved on to all the amazing cake decorating that is done with fondant, I'm still working with old fashioned frosting. It was fun to try this. Happy Birthday Jill!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








darling cakes! happy birthday to Jill! xoxo
ReplyDeletehaha love the carrots! Happy birthday jill.
ReplyDelete