mattresswarehouseutah

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Vacation pictures (more)

I found a few more vacation pictures that went with our Lake Powell adventure last month (July) that were kind of fun:
We stopped for dinner at a fun "Wall Drug-like" restaurant. We were careful not to disrupt the locals while they played cards. If you know anything about our vacations you know that we play the license plate game EVERY time we go. In fact we decided if we ever see a Rhode Island plate in our day to day lives, we need to drop everything and immediately go on vacation so we can count it. So, imagine our delight when we came across this gold mine!!!!
AARRRGGhhh, I have tried everything to "right this picture, I don't know what else to do. Anyway we went on to photos and shooting galleries...
This was in Kanab, UT and was really a fun stop, great souvenir shop with cowboy crap, rocks, western jewelry and junk you'll never use; it had a squeaky wood floor and that great smell that those old stores have that are filled with leather and t-shirts and trinkets. I guess it was warm and fuzzy to me because of all the family vacations I went on as a kid when we stopped in places just like this. We would always pick out a flavored candy stick and lick it until it had a sharp point- root beer and butter rum were my favorites. I picked up a few pretty, polished rocks along the way too that are still safely tucked away in my closet to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment