mattresswarehouseutah

Friday, September 26, 2014

Necrotic Ring Spot


So there is this horrible, awful, ferocious, lawn fungus called necrotic Ringspot. We have been dealing with this monster for several years now. It is nearly impossible to treat and spreads like wildfire.

There are no professional lawn companies that will treat this, because there is almost no way to remove it even if you dig down and take away all the sod and re-sod.  Last year we dug out all of the places of bad dead circles and replaced it with grass seed that is resistant to this disease, and those spots look okay but it sprung up all around again. So once again, we are treating it with a fungicide. I have also bought three big bags of seed to reseed over-the-top.

Hopefully the seeds will germinate and take root and we might have a decent looking lawn in the spring, but I'm pretty sure it will end up reseeding the entire lawn as malicious is this thing is.

Apparently Sandy, Utah is a hotbed for this stuff, and I would advise anyone against planting Kentucky bluegrass.

No comments:

Post a Comment