mattresswarehouseutah

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

April Fools follow up


Had a little April fools fun....The pizza cake was a big hit at the company party.   I was told it tasted great too, which is a relief since I can't sample food like that to be sure.  One of my coworkers made this Sushi from Rice krispie treats and fruit roll ups, with a swedish fish in the middle.
Some one brought a jar of pickles for the pot luck and I poured the juice into cups and set it on the table with sodas and ice.  Two people grabbed these cups and took a drink without realizing what it was...not sure if they thought it was Mountain Dew or lemonade or what, but it was funny!  (They were the only 2 cups with liquid on the table, the rest were cans.)
My husband takes a small jug of juice with him everyday, it's orange juice watered down (we call it H2 orange), so in the morning I dissolved some knox gelatin and mixed it in.  I waited for him to call all day and comment on it, he never did.  Finally, in the afternoon he called to see if we should go grab some dinner because he was starving because he left his juice home.  He did take a swig before it set up and wondered about it, and got home to grab it only to find it in jelled.

My Mom pulled a bunch of tricks on us growing up.   I remember eating my sack lunch in high school, taking a bite out of a sandwhich to find a paper between 2 pieces of bread with the word's "April Fool" scrawled on it.  My brothers tied popper-type fireworks ( the type with strings on each end) to doors and toilet seats leaving the house booby trapped at every turn.  Yeah, good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment