mattresswarehouseutah

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

November

Snow and Katies surgery- that's how we started the month of November. Laura and I took Katies kids to see Disney on Ice while she was still recovering. They were enthralled.
It will be hard when I no longer work at my job, the perks are so much fun.
I took Karls mom to the Music and the Spoken Word the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Steve and Jeanne Tobler were in town for the weekend and they attended also. Betty has been in the habit of going to see the Tabernacle choir every Sunday morning and most Thursday night rehearsals because she lived across the street AND because her son sings in it. We moved her this week to the Legacy Retirement Center and I'm quite sure she will miss the Tabernacle. She let her feisty side rule when she attended because she went and sat in the section that was roped off for choir members only and when the hostesses would ask her to move she would just say NO. We went to hear Betty report on her 4 years on her mission in her home ward this day also and then enjoyed dinner with Steve & Jeanne and Becca. Thanksgiving was small and manageable with just our immediate family.
Yes we did. Laura and I ventured out for Black Thursday night.
We hit Walmart at 8:00, Target at 9:00 and then Shopko. We were home in bed by midnight. I gotta say, I like the Thanksgiving night idea so much better that getting up at 3:00 am - that is if you are going to join the throngs at all. Saturday the 24 was entirely consumed with moving Betty into the retirement center. Can I just wonder out loud why we thought she had downsized when she left for her mission? She had so much stuff. After 2 1/2 hours of loading the truck, we were about to leave when we learned that there was a storage shed out back!! Yikes. Greg Garret, Leah, Laura, Karl, Steve and Paul Garrett, Rob, myself and a couple of elderly home teachers all helped to one extent or another.
Leah was hauling a giant pot with a ficus tree in the back seat of her car. The front seat had Grandma's clothes on hangers from the closet. I'm not sure of all the details but a quick stop produced a reaction that sent the pot forward with such intensity as to hurl all the dirt from the pot into a shower that cover not only grandmas clothes but the entire front of her car.
It was a little funny. I will post pictures of Betty's new home once we finish getting her settled into her tiny new space. It is nice, we visited her again the next day, got her new TV and DVD player hooked up and she said she really liked her first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment