mattresswarehouseutah

Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas in the kitchen

Making Christmas memories with the grandkids! Nothing says baking with grandma like a store bought, pre-assembled gingerbread house and store bought cookie dough!! Laura and I watched Ash and Maci this weekend so Katie and Jeff could spend their anniversary downtown. They made a gingerbread house and then we rolled out cookie dough for gingerbread men. Oh, and we placed preformed reindeer cookies on a sheet and baked them. I've lost my desire to spend a lot of time with flour and cookies (poison to me) so I love the ease of these convenient products!
Our ward party was themed Polar Express- Doesn't Bishop Combs make a perfect ticket taker?!!
Christmas will be on the small side. For Christmas Eve Laura, Karl, Grandma and I are going to see the movie "Lincoln" at the 3 O'clock matinee and then we are going out to dinner at our favorite Chinese restaurant. (Think Fa-Ra-ra-ra-ra-ra). We have been doing this for about 8 years, ever since Rob left for his mission and there are just the 3 of us around. Traditions adapt to the circumstances. Christmas day we will have dinner, but we will add Katies family and Greg & Annie. This is an "out" year, with the kids/nephews going to the in-laws. Snow is beginning to fall, we will definately have a white Christmas this year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment