I love being outdoors on a beautiful day, especially if it includes a day off of work and being with my sweetheart. If I have to golf to do that, I will! Actually, I am learning to enjoy golf, but I am pretty awful. I had a work related tournament with the Utah Jazz last week and we invited a couple of friends from the ward to join us, the only rule was that they had to say things like, "Good hit Barb!", and "Nice job!" no matter what actually transpired on the green.
I had a few good swings, and since it was a "best ball" they didn't have to use anything of mine. I did however have one particularily good drive that landed me almost on the green:
Karl had a great shot - none of us in our party could see exactly where it landed until the guys in the group ahead of us started jumping and yelling that "It went in the cup!". Sure enough, it took a chuck of grass with it as it dropped in the cup. Not a hole in 1, but the 2nd shot of a par 5, so a "double eagle". Awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment