Just a few more favorite items of 2010:
Who would want to get rid of this wreath...for $1??
Lucky for me!
I guess on a sweltering summer morning, an autumn wreath isn't noticed, unless you're me.
On occasion Karl will go with me. He's a great sport and he sees totally different things than I see at the same sale. He always notices tools, fishing stuff and other typical guy junk. Like this Power Wheels...seriously, "you want to take this home?". Turns out, it was a pretty great find. He had to go to a battery store and get a new battery, but it works great.
Ashton is too little to ride it by himself, but the Hansen girls next door take him and Maci on rides whenever they come over. (They have a pink jeep Power Wheels of their own).
Anyway, Scott Vikari and Madison Garrett got a kick out of it this summer too. Too bad those Texas kids live so darn far away!
This slide was my first purchase of the summer for $5, another Grandma thing.
This was also a great season for bracelets. I didn't picture them, but I found a ton of fun braclets for myself for .50 or a dollar. I think the jewelry crafters get tired of all the stuff they've made.
For those of you who know my crystal christmas tree collection, this was a THREE TREE year! They are difficult to come by and some years I haven't found any. But again they are usually dusty and unattractive sitting amongst other disguarded things and the seller only wants .50 for them. (I have to breathe deeply and not give away my emotions when I see one, but a giant "YES!" dance is happening in my head).
That's Scotty btw not Nick. :-)
ReplyDelete*Scott Vikari
ReplyDeleteFixed it! Duh.
ReplyDelete